Vans Skate Grosso Mid Shoes in Forest Night
- INCREASED DURABILITY - DURACAP™ reinforced materials, deeper knurl texture on the toe bumpers, and higher sidewall heights provide a more heritage look with increased durability and protection.
- FULLY REDESIGNED UPPERS - Reconstructed with a molded heel counter and internal tongue straps for a locked-in fit and more board control.
- LEGENDARY GRIP - Our new, proprietary SickStickTM gum rubber compound is our stickiest rubber yet.
- POPCUSH CUSHIONING - Our best cushioning and impact protection. POPCUSH™ energy return footbeds protect your feet while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions.
- Composition: suede, textile
- Style: VN0A5FCG98O
“It’s you, your skateboard, and the world. So go out and make it your own.” - Jeff Grosso
Beloved Vans family member and skate legend Jeff Grosso’s impact on skateboarding is without rival. His genuine love for skateboarding was felt by everyone who had the chance to talk skate with him, and his support for the community-especially the up-and-coming generations-came from a true belief that skateboarding belonged to the kids. There was nothing Jeff wouldn’t do to uplift skateboarding and the people in it.
Jeff gained notoriety in the 1980s within the competitive scene and quickly became one of the most recognizable faces in skateboarding with the onset of skate videos that highlighted his skill, sardonic wit, and audacious spirit, entertaining the masses with his self-deprecating humor and antagonistic spirt. In the span of his influence on the sport, Jeff also became the unofficial skate historian, helping create ten years of Vans’ Love Letters to Skateboarding with his unique and raw commentary on the industry, which will serve as the encyclopedia of everything skateboarding holds dear for years to come. To honor Jeff’s legacy, and ensure that future skaters understand the important role he played in shaping skateboarding’s history, Vans unveils a new iconic style: the Skate Grosso Mid.
Completely redesigned for modern skateboarding, the Skate Grosso Mid delivers more of what skateboarders need to enable maximum progression. The repositioned DURACAP™ reinforced underlays and fully redesigned uppers, combined with a new two-part foxing tape that features a deeper knurl pattern on the toe, make the Skate Grosso Mid durable enough to withstand daily skateboarding abuse. For more board control, the new molded heel counter and internal tongue straps lock in your feet. Even the gum rubber sole that made Vans famous has been elevated with the SICKSTICK™ rubber compound to deliver more grip and boardfeel. Plus, POPCUSH™ energy return sockliners provide superior cushioning and impact protection while helping to lessen leg fatigue for longer skate sessions. Internal heel stiffeners have also been added to provide more support and stability.
The new Skate Grosso Mid’s updated foxing tape and sturdy suede uppers give you the iconic look you want while bringing all the performance benefits skateboarders demand. And be sure to look for the new checkerboard flag on the side to guarantee that you’re getting the best in style and modern skateboarding performance